News

Found a bug, or is there something totally off the user friendly way we want the server? Let us know!

TOPIC: Server Lag and Ping Delay

Server Lag and Ping Delay 2 years 3 weeks ago #47494

• damocles
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I returned to this game after 3 years and I remembered why I quit. The server connection is extremely slow. The ping time to server is horrendous. I realize this server probably doesn't really generate any revenue so it needs to be on a budget host (or perhaps it's hosted at an admin's house). Is there anything that can be reasonably done to decrease lag time? A better host would of course be optimal. I just can't help but wonder how this server has eeked along with such terrible connection. I would be willing to help in any way. Perhaps others could be convinced as well.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Server Lag and Ping Delay 2 years 3 weeks ago #47495

• GM25
  • Thank you received: 554
A quick search on your IP tells me that you're connecting from Japan, server is hosted in France so that is a kinda long distance so unless you have a good solid internet which should land you on about 200-350 MS ( on that distance ) u will probably end up at 700 - 1500 MS mark.

The server is hosted at France and i ping just fine with my 38 MS to it.

I think it's just that you are living far far far away from it hence why you experiencing such a bad ping to the server.

Server is running with 1 Gbit connection and during the peek of the playerbase hours it using roughly 1% of it's connection.
Just like any other normal day in a guild pt of GayMates

Server Lag and Ping Delay 2 years 2 weeks ago #47497

• damocles
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a great connection. It has always been adequate for any game I play. I tried Statue Wars last night and I lagged so horribly that I was running around hitting every enemy without doing damage. They appeared not moving and whenever I used a Potion or Item, my character would freeze for 2-5 minutes. Relogging caused an even worse freeze. That is not 700ms. It really is quite pronounced where I am, which is a shame considering my gear. Additionally, have you tried pinging the game server during PvP? My response was at best somewhere around 3700ms. Now when I ping any server in France, I get 200-300ms. My DL is above 40Mbps and my upload is above 3Mbps. It seems that the only way to play this game is to just run around with AOE and hope for the best, which is a shame for the other classes.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by damocles.

Server Lag and Ping Delay 2 years 2 weeks ago #47498

• GM25
  • Thank you received: 554
" whenever I used a Potion or Item, my character would freeze for 2-5 minutes. "

That would be the same as having 120000 - 300000 MS and i doubt you would have that lol....

Sounds like there is something else that causing you to lag that extremely.
Just like any other normal day in a guild pt of GayMates

Server Lag and Ping Delay 2 years 2 weeks ago #47500

• damocles
  • Fresh Boarder
GM25 wrote:

That would be the same as having 120000 - 300000 MS and i doubt you would have that lol....

Yup. That is why I am having difficulty playing the game. It's not an exaggeration. At any time, whenever there is any kind of flurry, I will lag. In fact, that's how I know there are enemies around and start scanning, although it does no good because by the time I catch up with the lag I've already been attacked. Am I the only one having this trouble? I'm open to suggestion. I've disabled my antivirus and turned on background mode. My system is more than adequate to run Skyrim at 8k with over 500 mods, so this DirectX7 game is not a problem. I am not sure what it could be..
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds
Topic: Server Lag and Ping Delay (1/1) - NORTHPOLE - RYL2 NORTHPOLE Free to play 3D MMORPG